the studio sessions. here.
This fall we want to explore a new kind of online gathering: The Chickadee Road :: Studio Sessions. For now, Chickadee Road is a virtual space right here, but we dream of a magical place tucked into the woods right by the sea where we could gather with you.
The Studio Sessions are four-week online gatherings inspired by the idea that we would love to open our studios up to other creative souls who want to spend four weeks cultivating their creative practice.
What does cultivating a creative practice mean?
Many of us dream of having a week or two or even a whole month where we could travel to a beautiful corner of the world and spend that time creating a new body of work or writing a memoir or actually using the mixed media techniques we’ve learned in the workshops we’ve taken. And then, we’d love to circle in community with other creatives who would say, “How are you doing over there? How did it go?”
This is what the Chickadee Road :: Studio Sessions are about: Creating a virtual space where we can support one another as we take a few minutes or even an hour or two a day to practice and make small moves and big leaps toward the creative dreams that wait within us.
The creative practice you work with will be up to you.
You might want to:
- Journal each day
- Begin a meditation practice
- Tell your story through photography adventures
- Paint, paint, and paint some more
- Draw in your sketchbook four times a week
- Make one small self-care move every day
- Start a blog
- Create an ecourse
- Play with self-portraits
- Have fun with color in your studio/creative corner every day
And each day, we will be here to guide you, celebrate you, and inspire you, and your circle of kindreds will be here to catch you as you play and work and find your way.
Dates: September 17-October 13
Where: We will gather in community at a private blog and in a private Flickr group. The posts will also be emailed to you so you can keep them.
Four weeks of daily posts include:
- Videos that take you into our own creative spaces and invite you to be present to self-care and fun
- Lessons about ways to invite in ritual and sacredness to your daily creative practice
- Creativity exercises to support your practice and keep your creative juices flowing
- Writing and photography prompts to keep you grounded
- Stories of our own journeys to reconnect with our creative joy
- Opportunities to share your stories through photos, daily check-ins, and other surprises along the way
Journal or notebook to write in
Simple art supplies that you enjoy working with like markers, colored pencils, crayons, and so on
A Flickr account
Questions? Head over to the Studio Sessions page to read answers to a few questions you might have.
We can’t wait to gather with you, share our stories, and dive into our own creative practices!
Kelly & Liz